Friday, June 17, 2005

Iran's election feed back - Iranian student reporting

An Iranian Student produced this translated compilation of online comments on the election. I understand that most of these appeared on the Persian version of the BBC. It is obviously a selective compilation but interesting nonetheless.
  • Reza from Tehran: This is 10 am in northern part of Tehran. There is no body in the site and I hope officials would announce the number of voters truly.
  • Hasan from Qom: IRIB (TV & RADIO) is just showing certain places where people go to vote. Most polls are empty here in our city.
  • Amir from Kashmar (east of Iran): No body is around, especially in the morning.
  • Sam from Tehran: I did vote to save my country from likes of Rafsanjani. I voted for Mr. Moin
  • Mehdi from Shiraz: I have counted 10-12 people in this poll in our area. Most of them were forced to vote.
  • Majid from Tehran: I voted for Imam Zaman to come and save us from the regime.
  • Fardin from Switzerland: Regime thugs attacked those of us who were protesting against the regime in front of one of the polling stations.
  • Mohsen from Moscow: Here, only embassy staff will vote.
  • Ehsan from Mashad: There aren't many people voting today. Most polls are empty
  • Farzad from West of Tehran: No body is at polls now in Shahrake Gharb. We voted once and we saw the outcome. That was enough
  • Razaghpour from Central Tehran: Most people here are voting for Moin
  • Ali from Velenjak north of Tehran: I check the local poll 3-4 times today and there were no body at the polls. This is not a true election.
  • Mohamed from Tehran: IRIB is doing its best to get people out of their houses. The regime media cast lots of great music which were once banned to encourage people to vote.
  • Hadi from Esfehan: Poll stations are not crowded here. All of us know this is regime's game.
  • Shida from Tehran: I just voted to have an official seal in my ID card. I needed that.
  • Artin a christian guy from Orumiya: The regime had to shut some polling stations down due to lack of people to vote.
  • Aidin from AzarShahr: I made a mistake by voting today again. But I voted for Moin. I hope he is not going to be another "Khatami". I hope the regime doesn't interpret our votes as vote to the regime.
  • Sahar From Tehran: We will not be fooled again. No body is voting here today.
  • Ehsan from Shiraz: As an Iranian, I never vote for an Anti-Iranian regime
  • Masoud from Tehran: Wherever IRIB (state run media) is present, polls are crowded. People would like to see themselves on TV.
  • Hadi from Najaf Abad: Thanks to people, we have boycotted this illegitimate election
  • Elham from Tehran: As far as I know, no body has voted here.
  • Mehdi Dehgah from Yazd: People have voted very well here.
  • Shahin from Tehran: IRIB shows previous election videos.
  • Ebrahim from Tabriz: People have done well to boycotte this sham election
  • Hamid from Canada: I have come back to Iran to see my family. It seems that the regime is begging people to vote.
  • Mahnaz from Tehran: it is 11 am here and no body is around
  • Ahmad from Ghom: I believe it is gonna be a run off between Moin and Rafsanjani
  • Tara from Kurdistan: We will not be cheated again. We never believe their lies.