Saturday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 12.17.2005:
German Intelligence Warns That Iran Has New Missiles
German intelligence believes Iran has now bought 18 longer-range missiles from North Korea, giving Teheran the capability to attack targets in central Europe, the German daily newspaper Bild reported Friday.Here are a few other news items you may have missed.
The study by the foreign intelligence service BND said the BM-25 missiles were being purchased from Pyongyang in the form of kit sets. The mobile missiles, which are based on the Russian SS-N-6 missile for submarine launch, will have a nominal range of 2,500 kilometres.
However it was possible to upgrade them to hit targets 3,500 kilometres away, the Munich-based BND said. READ MORE
- Dow Jones Newswires reported that U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Friday there is no evidence that Iran intends to back down in a diplomatic standoff over its disputed nuclear program.
- Reuters reported that U.S. President George W. Bush on Friday called Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad an "odd guy."
- Charles Krauthammer, The Washington Post warns us that Iran is arming for Armageddon. A must read,
- Ze'ev Schiff, Ha'aretz examined the question: Is There a Military Option?
- The New York Sun reported that Israel's top general during Operation Iraqi Freedom said: Saddam Hussein moved his chemical weapons to Syria six weeks before the war started.
- Iran Focus reported that Iranian agents in Iraq carried out a widespread campaign of poll manipulation to ensure victory by Shiite groups allied to Tehran.
- IranMania reported that most Israelis want their government to use diplomacy rather than military power.
- Islamic Republic News Agency reported that Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki voiced Iran's concern over the increasing human rights violations of the US.
- Reuters reported that an influential Republican congresswoman expressed frustration on Friday over President George W. Bush's approach to Iran.
- Kiarash Kianmehr, Rooz Online reported that some of the passengers on board the C-130 military transport aircraft that crashed last week died of asphyxiation due to the lack of emergency oxygen on board.
- Maryam Kashani, Rooz Online published several strange accounts of Ahmadinejad's recent trip to Saudi Arabia.
- Phyllis Chesler, FrontPageMagazine published a speech given before the US Senate this past week: Islamic Gender Apartheid.
- A photo that answers the question: Where do the Iranian people get their news?
- And finally, a Cartoon about Ahmadinejad: Mullah's Wild Dog.