Sunday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 2.12.2005:
What the Media's Video of the 27 Anniversary of the Revolution rally didn't tell you.
- SMCCDI reported that the vast majority of Iranians chose not to attend the Islamic regime's 27th anniversary of the revolution.
- Iranian Student News Agency published a photo of Iranians being bussed in for event.
- WorldNetDaily reported that Ahmadinejad said Palestinians and "other nations" will remove Israel from the region.
- BBC News reported that Iran could abandon the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) if forced to limit nuclear activities.
- Mehran Riazaty reported that Khatami called the Prime Minister of Denmark is "Stupid."
- Rooz Online reported that the Islamic Republic warned the local press not to publish any news reports or stories regarding Iran’s referral to the UN Security Council which imply that all is lost and that the Islamic Republic has suffered a defeat.
- Jordan Times reported that Washington is quietly backing Iran's pro-democracy forces.
- NewsMax reported that Newt Gingrich says the United States must do everything in its power to bring about regime change in Iran.
- Rooz Online is reporting that despite Ahmadinejad's promises to help the poor, unexpected price hikes are devastating Iranian families.
- Philip Sherwell, The Telegraph reported that strategists at the Pentagon are drawing up plans for devastating bombing raids backed by submarine-launched ballistic missile attacks against Iran's nuclear sites as a "last resort" to block Teheran's efforts to develop an atomic bomb.
- Rooz Online reported that Akbar Ganji's imprisoned attorney, Soltani, is still in legal limbo since his court dossier is reportedly "lost".... adding that Ganji is supposed to be released from prison in 40 days.
- Rooz Online reported on new accusations being leveled against Web-bloggers in Iran.