Write or Call Your Congressman
Add the following graphic on your website linking to our campaign:
Cut and paste the following letter. Edit it as appropriate, mail, email or call your Congressman and Senators.Back to the main campaign page.Now is the time to pass H.R. 282 and S. 333 and support real democracy in Iran.
The bills are:
If you choose to call, please observe these do's and don't's
- H.R. 282 authored by Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [R-FL] (to see the bills cosponsors click here). PASSED!
- S. 333 authored by Sen. Richard Santorum [R-PA] (to see the bills cosponsors click here).
Subject: I Support H.R. 282 and S. 333
- Focus on no more than three key arguments
- Don’t just talk – ask questions to elicit feedback
- Don’t argue and always be polite!
- Never lie or exaggerate
- Never be rude or make threats
- Point out how the proposed legislation will affect you and others in the Congressperson’s district.
- Keep the conversation short – no longer than 6 minutes.
- Always thank them at the end of the conversation, regardless of the outcome.
- Be sure to tell them that you are supporting the house bill HR 282 and the senate bill S. 333
As a American who supports the people of Iran seeking to establish real democracy in Iran, I urge you to support H.R. 282 (S.333 in the Senate), a bill Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-Fl) introduced "To hold the current regime in Iran accountable for its threatening behavior and to support a transition to democracy in Iran."
Making a regime change in Iran official US policy will show the people of Iran that we are standing with them in their efforts to replace their brutal government with a real democracy.
When the people of Iran replace their present government it will remove the greatest threat to peace and security in the Middle East and eliminate the need for the U.S. to take military response to the Iranian threat/
There is a wind of change in the Middle East and U.S. support for people seeking to live in a real democracy is needed at this time.
We need to support the Iranian opposition groups in exile that are broadcasting into Iran providing the news denied them, providing discussions of the value of a truly democratic system of government.
I again urge you to support this legislation and ask that you see that the appropriate hearings on the legislation are heard now. The people of Iran are working every day to gain freedom and democracy and the next few months may prove critical. Time is of the essence.
I thank you for your kind consideration.
Your Name Here