Sunday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 4.9.2006:
Hersh's latest on Iran: exposing US secrets, disinformation or a US psyop?
- Seymour M. Hersh, The New Yorker once again claims the US is preparing to attack Iran, but this time he claims the use nuclear weapons against Iran is being considered.
- The NY Times reported that four Pentagon, military, and administration officials rejected the Hersh's accusation that the Bush administration was considering nuclear weapons in a possible strike against Iran.
- The Scotsman added that Iran claimed the article is part of a campaign of "psychological war."
- BBC News reported that UN nuclear inspectors are back in Iran to visit locations including the Natanz uranium enrichment plant and another facility at Isfahan.
- Rooz Online reported that Iran's parliament voted to lower the banking interest rate, despite the Banking Governor's warning of its effect on the economy.
- Rooz Online argues that there is no evidence that the US wants to break Iran into smaller nation states as some Iranians fear.
- NewsMax reported that Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld predicted that the saber rattling by Iranian President Ahmadinejad will backfire, ultimately weakening his hold over the Iranian people.
- Reuters reported that Germany invites Iran's president to the World Cup Soccer games, after he expressed interest in attending.
- You Tube features a video that explains why Iranian opposition groups want the west to learn about Cyrus The Great.