Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Mullah Khatami’s concern about the fingerprinting process in the United States

Iran Press News: translation by Banafsheh Zand-Bonazzi.
The regime-run web site AFTAB reported that Mohammad Khatami has expressed concerns over the fingerprinting process during in his visit to the United States of America. The report wrote: "This trip to the U.S. may have problematic consequences such as fingerprinting, for him and his delegation."

Mullah Khatami commented: "Among the 40-50 invitations that I have received, several are in the East, others in the West; in a few cases the invitations in the west were extended by Iranians as well as westerners such as Mr. Kofi Annan. This invitation that was slated for the month of September was forwarded to the high-ranking officials of the Coalition for the Dialogue among Civilizations. Based on this I preferred to travel to America earlier, but due to the lack of time, I decided to suffice my trip to the east coast of the US. I have been asked to deliver a speech for members of CAIR, at Harvard University, the greater assembly of churches in Washington D.C. and probably at the University of Virginia and New York University as well."

Mullah Khatami continued: "It should be natural that when going to the United stated that I should be allowed to come and go freely and comfortably. If Americans want to make their usual illusory and deceptive American excuses, I will have to inform our friends in the U.S. that my trip will therefore be cancelled; myself and those who are with me are heads and shoulders above giving into these types of trepidations. However we will wait; we are not in any hurry to actually go through with this at this juncture.”
Let's hope someone at Homeland Security asks to fingerprint this terrorist leader.