Saturday, April 02, 2005

Saturday's Daily Briefing on Iran

DoctorZin reports, 4.2.2005:

Shame on ABC: An Iranian Student Responds to ABC's Nightline report by Bob Woodruff
The other night ABC's Nightline broadcast an interview from inside of Iran. I received a number of emails about the broadcast. I did not see it, but my readers follow the events in Iran closely they told me they were amazed at the questions in the interview and the naivete or deceit of the interviewer, Bob Woodruff. They were concerned that the American public was given a false understanding of what is happening in Iran. Many said the broadcast appeared to be shameful propaganda for the Iranian regime.

One of those angered by the broadcast was a student who just escaped Iran for supporting its pro-democracy forces there. This student wrote the following public statement to ABC News, Bob Woodruff and the Nightline staff, and asked me to publish it here.
Here are a few other news items you may have missed.