Iran detains 50 over bombings
Iran today reported it had detained dozens of suspects in two bombings that killed at least nine people in the southwestern city of Ahvaz last week, a blast which Iran blamed on the US and Britain.
“Some 50 suspects were detained regarding recent explosion,” said Abdolrahim Fazilatpour, the deputy governor of Ahvaz, according to a report by the official Islamic Republic News.
Fazilatpour said different groups had claimed responsibly for the explosions but did not elaborate, the agency said. READ MORE
On Tuesday, the Movement for the Arab Struggle to Liberate Ahvaz posted a statement on a website claiming it carried out the bombings.