Sunday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 3.26.2006:
Iran moving faster towards nuclear enrichment.
- The Los Angeles Times reported that Iran is moving faster than expected and is just days from making the first steps toward enriching uranium.
- Yahoo News reported that U.N. inspectors should know by next week how far Iran has advanced on the path to nuclear enrichment.
- Khaleej Times reported that Ahmadinejad said Iran to go nuclear this year.
- Strategy Page claimed that the U.S. told Iran that the Iraqi Shia militias being supported by Iran are going be taken apart soon, and Iran is well advised to back off.
- Amir Taheri, Asharq Alwasat argued why the US invitation to talk to Iran on Iraq may be Washington's first major mistake.
- Mehran Riazaty examined various Iranian new reports discussing the upcoming US/Iran talks on Iraq.
- Iran Focus reported that Ahmadinejad announced that talks between the Islamic Republic and the United States over Iraq will be “conditional.”
- TurkishPress reported that Iran's supreme leader accused Britain of conspiring to stop the country's development through sabotage.
- Iran Focus reported that Iran’s Supreme Leader said the reach of the Islamic Republic’s ideology had spread from North Africa all the way through to Central Asia and the Indian subcontinent.
- Iran Press News reported that another Iranian woman is on the brink of execution for killing a man attempting to rape her daughter.
- Michael Rubin and Patrick Clawson, Middle East Review of International Affairs examined the many similarities between the conditions that lead to the overthrow of the Shah and the current situation. A must read.