Sunday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 5.28.2006:
Ahmadinejad's advice to Europe.
- ABC News reported that Iran's President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, has been quoted as saying European nations should stand by his country in the dispute over its nuclear program or suffer damages.
- Reuters reported that Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told Germans they should stop feeling a sense of guilt over the Holocaust.
- US News & World Report reported Sen. John Warner, the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee has called for North Atlantic Treaty Organization countries to plan a military "ring of deterrence" to contain Iran if negotiations fail.
- SMCCDI reported that tens of Islamist militiamen have taken over the Tehran's College of Law in an effort to increase terror and smash any protest action.
- Amir Taheri, Arab News reported on the unrest in Iran's provinces.
- The Telegraph interviewed Iranian dissident, Roya Tolouee, who told of the assaults and threats against her and her children during 66 Days in an Iranian jail.
- Yahoo News reported that Iran's supreme leader said the United States would fail to provoke ethnic strife in the Islamic republic.
- Iran Daily reported that Iran's Supreme Leader said Iran should not succumb to pressures over its nuclear activities and any form of retreat will cause 100 percent harm.