Sunday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 6.4.2006:
Perm-5 + Germany's proposal to be delivered to Iran soon.
- BBC News reported that Javier Solana will deliver proposals agreed by six world powers in a visit Iran in the next few days in the latest diplomatic effort to persuade Iran to halt nuclear research.
- Mehran Riazaty published a summary of the recent comments by Iranian authorities on direct talks with the United States on its nuclear program.
- The Wall Street Journal published a surprising interview with Reza Pahlavi, the son of the former Shah of Iran. He called the US offer for direct talks with Iran "overall . . . a good move by Washington." The reason? "It will once and for all force Tehran's hand,"
- Izvestia also published an interview with Reza Pahlavi who stated that by July-August he will have formed a non-violent movement with the purpose to overthrow the current regime in Tehran.
- Bill Samii, Radio Free Europe reported that as unrest among ethnic Azeris in Iran settles down, disturbances involving university students are picking up.