Monday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 8.7.2006:
Are we witnessing the signs of a coming war with Iran?
- Omar Fadhil, Philly.com reported that he sees the signs that Iran may be starting to launch the mullahs' version of an Armageddon, exploiting the religious beliefs of devout Shiites in the region.
- Henry Porter, The Guardian argued that the present crisis with Iran reminds him of his grandfathers' stories when learned they would probably be going to war.
- Islamic Republic News Agency reported that the Secretary of the Supreme National Security Council, Ali Larijani, said Iran will reject both the resolution adopted by the United Nations Security Council on Tehran's nuclear case and the suspension of uranium enrichment.
- Yahoo News reported that Iran's top nuclear negotiator, Ali Larijani, said that Iran will expand uranium enrichment, in defiance of a U.N. Security Council resolution.
- Rooz Online published a report on the interrogation of Ramin Jahanbegloo and the bizarre accusations that he had confessed responsibility for creating a large network known as ‘web’ to gather classified information on political, social, cultural and economic groups and activists.” These agents are after deceiving officials, particularly clerics, who lack the simplest knowledge about common Internet and cyberspace activities.