Saturday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 8.12.2006:
Is Iran about to launch a war in the Middle East in the next 10 days? A sobering analysis.
- Caroline B. Glick, Jewish World Review explained why jihad is picking up steam now and fanatical Muslims are on the march.
- Joel C. Rosenberg, National Review Online asked: Is Iran planning an apocalyptic strike against Israel and/or the United States for August 22? Such questions are worrying a growing number of officials in the White House, at the CIA, and at the Pentagon, and for good reason.
- Michael Ledeen, The Corner republished an important article: Five Minutes to Midnight - The War Is Coming, No Matter How Hard We Try to Evade It. Full text provided. A must read.
- NewsMax reported that Middle East expert, Professor Walid Phares, warned: "As soon as a cease fire occurs, the "Hezbollah Blitzkrieg" will crumble the "Lebanese Republic of Weimar" and install its own "Khumeinist Republic" on the Eastern shores of the Mediterranean.... Hezbollah would have paved the way for Iran to create the mother of all world threats since Hitler."
- Saul Singer, The National Review Online argued that while the Bush administration began to fight with vigor, we stopped too early, and now it appears we have forgotten we are still at war.
- William Shawcross, The Wall Street Journal argued that while President Bush told the truth to Britain about the alleged massive plot to blow U.S.-bound airliners out of the sky putting it simply: "This was a stark reminder that this nation is at war with Islamic fascists." But in Europe, the truth is so terrible that we are in denial.
- Insight Magazine reported that Bush and Condi have clashed over Israel; with the president overruling her for the first time. "I've never seen her so angry," an aide said.
- News.com.au reported that US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice called on Iran and Syria to respect the terms of a resolution adopted by the UN Security Council.
- The New York Times reported that Zalmay Khalilzad, the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, said Iran is pressing Shiite militias here to step up attacks against the American-led forces because of the Israeli assault on Lebanon.
- Iran Focus reported that an armed militia launched a massive raid on the offices of a prominent Iraqi Shiite cleric vehemently opposed to Iranian regime.
- Haaretz published an interview with (until recently) the head of the research division of Military Intelligence. He gave his views on Israeli intelligence of Hezbullah.
- Nidra Poller, TCS Daily discussed "French Duplomacy" and how France is trying to impose on its American partner.
- Reuters reported that a group of U.S. senators pressed China on its ties with North Korea and Iran.
- The Peoples Cube published a graphic: If today's New York Times editors were in charge in 1943...
- You Tube hosted a video of an execution of an Iranian girl. A lengthy but revealing story.