Thursday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 8.3.2006:
Iranian leaders threaten to kill its political prisoners if UNSC acts against Iran.
- Iran Press News reported that the Islamic Republic has now specifically announced that should their nuclear dossier be voted for referral by the United Nations Security all political prisoners, whether on furlough or in prison, will be summarily executed.
- Iran Press News reported that Hezbollah executes 18 Lebanese Christians & Druze for exposing Hezbollah hideouts.
- Reuters reported that Iran has freed, Saad bin Laden, a son of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden sending him to the Syria-Lebanon border and the task of building Islamist terror cells and preparing them to fight together with Hizbollah.
- Iran Focus reported that Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei blasted United States policy in the Middle East and warned of an impending Muslim “jihad”, or holy war, against the West.
- Xinhua reported that Iranian Supreme Leader said: "Muslims in the world must understand the only method to fight back the savage wolf of Zionism and Great Satan's aggression is resistance."
- The Sacramento Bee reported that British Prime Minister Tony Blair issued a stern warning that Syria and Iran will face serious consequences if they continue working to destabilize the Middle East. "If they keep raising the stakes, they will find they have miscalculated."
- Amir Taheri, Gulf News looked at past cease fires in Lebanon and reasons why creating one between Hezbollah and Israel is full of dangers.
- Yahoo News reported that the United States harshly condemned what it called Iran's "severe repression of dissidents" following the death of a jailed student activist, Akbar Mohammadi.
- Kamran Beig reported that Friday Congress will consider commemorating the 1906 Constitutional Revolution in Iran.
- Amir Taheri, The Times Online reported that all the wars in the Middle East of the past century revolved around secular issues and none had a messianic dimension, until now.