Wednesday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 8.2.2006:
Ahmadinejad rejects UNSC resolution.
- Dow Jones Newswires reported that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad rejected a U.N. Security Council resolution that would give his nation until Aug. 31 to suspend uranium enrichment.
- Rooz Online reported that the spokesman for the Majlis Leadership said: The West will yield on the nuclear issue.
- Aljazeera.net reported that Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati called on Muslim countries to arm Hezbollah in its struggle against Israel.
- Iran Press News reported that China and Iran have signed a $100 Billion memorandum of understanding for the export of Iranian liquid gas.
- Radio Free Europe reported that Iranian Foreign Minister Manuchehr Mottaki continued his visit to Beirut with a meeting with Lebanese President Emil Lahud.
- Reza Pahlavi released a statement on the murder of jailed dissident Akbar Mohammadi.
- Robert Tracinski, RealClearPolitics argued that the new Lebanon War is a war in which everyone knows the enemy's strategy, in which it is child's play to see through all of his ruses and propaganda tricks--and yet our leaders, rather than devising their own counter-strategy, fall for every ruse and play along.
- Caroline Glick, The Jerusalem Post argued that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is the man to watch these days. And yet it would seem that those in positions of power are paying him little heed.
- Dennis Prager, Real Clear Politics argued that whenever you hear that "world opinion" holds a view, assume it is morally wrong. He explains why.
- The Times Online in an editorial argued that the West must remember what the Middle East conflict is about, a question of values.
- Rooz Online published a cartoon: Student Leader Akbar Mohammadi finally free.