Tuesday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 9.12.2oo6
Khatami questioned at Harvard and slips.
- Russell Berman, Telos reported on a Khatami's response at Harvard to a question from an Iranian in the audience who questioned him about the case of the suppression of free speech: the arrest, rape and murder of Canadian-Iranian journalist Zahra Kazemi. Khatami's answer was very revealing.
- Yahoo News reported Khatami was met by protesters when he arrived at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. Many angrily called on him to stand up for human rights where Harvard College Democrats teamed with their Republican peers for the protest.
- Dow Jones Newswires reported that U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair said that ignoring Iran's threats to destroy Israel, especially when it appears to be intent on developing nuclear weapons, could prove to be a historic mistake.
- Peter Brown, RealClearPolitics.com considered the question: Is History Repeating Itself in Iran?
- Danielle Pletka, Bitterlemons-international.org argued why the West must end Tehran's free ride for ignoring international concern over its nuclear program.
- Reuters reported that Condoleezza Rice said the United States might be willing to join negotiations with Iran if it temporarily suspended its nuclear program. "Suspension, verified suspension, that's the condition," she said.
- Daily News & Analysis India reported that a hardline Iranian newspaper on Monday described the September 11 attacks as a "black conspiracy inside the White House", publishing what it said was evidence the strikes could have been staged by US officials.
- Aviation Week considered what it will take to slow Iran's development of a nuclear bomb and why it must be done soon.
- AzadeganIran.com published an article in the Washington Times September 11, 2006 entitled: Khatami’s US Visit Hides the Clerics’ Developing War Plans ...
- Dow Jones Newswires reported that the Islamic Republic closed the daily Shargh, the most prominent reformist daily opposed to the hard-line policies of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
- DoctorZin recently appeared on the Michael Reagan Show. You can listen to it by clicking here.
- Memri Films released an online film: Arab and Iranian Reaction to 9/11 Five Years Later, with Ron Silver.
- Jy99, Flicker published photos of the Harvard protest of Khatami.
- Bob Gorrell, Townhall published a cartoon: Remember.