Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Seyed Ahmad Seyed Seraajee, Tabrizi blogger is sentenced to 1 year in prison in yet another ruling

Iran Press News: Translation by Banafsheh Zand-Bonazzi
www.tabriznews.com
pakmehr88@hotmail.com

Tabriz News - Human Rights Service: Seyed Ahmad Seyed Seraajee Tabrizi blogger was sentenced to 1 year in prison by the appeals court of Western Azerbaijan.

In a short phone interview with the human rights service reporter of Tabriz News, Seraajee said: "Other than the six months prison term and the 30 lashes that I had been already sentenced to, branch two of the appeals court of the Western Azerbaijan's justice department handed down another one year prison sentence; the charges of "insulting and attempting to overthrow the Supreme Leader" still stand but I was cleared of the charge of 'apostasy'. During the 4 months of my detention I have not been permitted to have visitors and I still have no lawyer."