Tuesday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 7.25.2006:
Iranian suicide bombers head to Lebanon.
- Iran Press News reported that an Islamic regime organization, called Mohammad’s Army dispatched the first group of suicide-bombers from Tehran to Lebanon.
- The Sun reported that teams of Iranian suicide bombers were heading for Lebanon’s war zone last night in a terrifying bid to spark meltdown in the Middle East.
- The New York Sun reported that the bodies of Iranian Revolutionary Guard soldiers killed by the Israeli army in Lebanon have been transported to Syria and flown to Tehran.
- Eli Lake, The New York Sun reported that America's closest Arab allies are now publicly sharpening their criticism of Israel's campaign against Hezbollah and muting their criticism of the Iranian-armed militia.
- The Wall Street Journal reported that the U.S. and Israel must balance their goal of defanging the militant group Hezbollah against the growing toll the war is taking on Israel, Lebanon and President Bush's hopes for reshaping the region.
- Iran Focus reported that Iran’s Defense Minister Mostafa Mohammad-Najjar accused the United States of deliberately imposing war and violence in the Middle East.
- Iran Press News reported that the Islamic regime’s mercenaries attacked houses in the city of Rasht with the excuse of confiscating satellite dishes. "This is the first time in six years where the executive, legislative and disciplinary forces have agreed upon the ban on satellites."
- BBC News reported that Iranian dissident Akbar Ganji declined to meet White House officials during a visit to the US.
- Amnesty International is seeking information from the Iranian government about a letter which calls for government ministries and the Republican Guard to compile information and report to the Armed Forces Command on the activities of adherents of the Baha’i faith.
- Dr. Walid Phares, FrontPageMagazine.com argued that when Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, secretary general of Hezbollah held his press conference to declare his new victory over his enemy, Israel, he was triggering –probably without knowing- a new era in the history of Lebanon and the region.
- Ha'aretz reported that recent developments in the Hezbollah war with Israel are revealing insight into Israeli intelligence.
- Iran Press News published a photo: "The blood of Khomeini courses through the veins of Hezbollah."
- Iran Press News published a photo of a book showing a picture of Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei with writing in Arabic on cover reads "America is the head of the terrorists" in the rubble of collapsed buildings in the Hezbollah stronghold of southern suburbs of Beirut, Lebanon.
- Iran Press News published a photo which shows a Hezbollah rocket launcher with Iranian arms factory markings on it, captured during fighting in southern Lebanon.
- Cox & Forkum published another cartoon: Signs of the Times.