Sunday's Daily Briefing on Iran
DoctorZin reports, 8.13.2006:
Iranian hardliner: Iran will build the bomb.
- Iran Mania reported that a leading member of Iran’s Hezbollah, Hojjat-ol-Islam Baqer Kharraz said: "We are able to produce atomic bombs and we will do that. We shouldn’t be afraid of anyone. The US is no more than a barking dog”
- The White House released a statement by the President welcomes the U.N. Security Council Resolution on Lebanon to bring lasting peace to Middle East. The resolution calls for an embargo on the supply of arms to militias in Lebanon, for a robust international force to deploy to southern Lebanon in conjunction with Lebanon's legitimate armed forces, and for the disarming of Hizballah.
- YNet News reported that Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said the UN resolution aimed at ending the warfare between Israel and Lebanon’s Shiite Muslim Hizbullah group was biased and served only the interests of the Jewish state.
- Alan Peters, AntiMullah considered the question: Will Lebanese Army sent to the south include Hezbollah fighters in disquise?
- Newt Gingrich, The Washington Post responded to a column, yesterday, by Richard Holbrook who asserted the Iranian nuclear threat is far less dangerous than violence in southern Lebanon. Nevertheless, Holbrooke has set the stage for an important national debate.
- Petition Online features a call to free imprisoned Iranian student leader Ahmad Batebi. Check it out.
- Aish.com released a video on the photo fraud in Lebanon.