Friday, December 09, 2005

Weblog Awards Update

I think you might enjoy this.

Earlier today, I wrote the folks over at Iraq the Model, last year's winner of the weblog award and current leader in the polls.

I told them that I admired their work and was therefore frustrated that we are "competitors" in the weblogawards.

They wrote back, almost immediately:
"I want you to know that I'm a big fan of your blog and I check it almost everyday!

I'm also in support of freedom for the people of Iran who deserve real democracy and true liberty.

Honestly, if your blog wins the title I will be just as glad as if it were my blog."
He then added:
"If you can send me the html code for the logo you have on the top of the left side bar of your blog, I'll be more than glad to put it on my blog."
I did and they posted it immediately.

It is refreshing to know that we are doing our part to win the war on terror and support real democracy in both Iraq and Iran.

It also makes me proud that the blogosphere has this kind of attitude and character.

Vote now and vote every 24 hours. Voting ends on the 15th.

Thank you all for your support.

DoctorZin